So here it is, the big reveal!
So here's a list of the stuff we did:
- Painted the vanity
- Changed the vanity hardware
- Framed the mirror
- Painted the trim
- Replaced the outlet with a GFI outlet
- Replaced light switchs and plate
- Replaced air vent cover
- Replaced the door stopper (you know, the little springy thing that kids like to play with)
- Scraped off the texture on walls
- Painted the walls
- New shower curtain
- New towel bar (we also hung it a bit higher than it was before)
James and I have both caught each other stopped in the middle of the hallway (on our way to the bedroom or somewhere) staring into the bathroom. LOL! It feels like a totally different room! I love the white trim, I love the frame for the mirror, I love the color I chose for the vanity (I was nervous about that one). I am so happy we did this!
And in case anyone was wondering, the wall color is Sherwin Williams Upward. I used their Duration line in a satin finish. The vanity is Sherwin Williams Black Bean. I used their All Surface Enamel in a high gloss finish. And the Trim is Benjamin Moore Simply White (matched to Sherwin Williams - it 's their trim and door line, can't remember what it's called exactly, in a semi-gloss finish). All are latex paints. I don't do oil based.
I'll make posts later with more detail of each individual project, but I was just so excited to show before/after pics that I couldn't wait!
Here's some more!
I already showed the following pictures at the beginning, but I like side-by-sides of before/after pics. I think you can really tell the difference more when they're next to each other.
I really wanted a before/after pic of the mirror, but half way through the project I realized I forgot to take a before picture of just the mirror. So this is really more of a during/after picture. But WOW, what a difference a frame makes!
Click HERE to see how we framed the mirror.
Click HERE to see how I painted the vanity.