Friday, May 20, 2011

Chocolate Cobbler

Let me start by saying that this recipe is a pregnant woman's dream. Or any woman's dream. Any woman who loves chocolate.

I got this recipe from Tasty Kitchen. I sure do love that Pioneer Woman. She knows what's what.

Here's what you'll need: 
1 cup flour 
2 tsp baking powder 
¼ tsp salt 
7 Tablespoons cocoa  powder, divided 
1-¼ cup sugar, divided 
½ cups milk 
⅓ cups melted butter 
1-½ teaspoon vanilla extract 
½ cups light brown sugar
1-½ cup hot water















First, mix the flour, baking powder, salt, 3 tablespoons of the cocoa, and 3/4 cup of the white sugar together in a mixing bowl.













Then add the milk, melted butter, and vanilla to the flour mixture.














Then spread it into an 8 inch dish.














Now combine the rest of the sugar (½ cup), the brown sugar, and the remaining cocoa powder (4 tablespoons).














Sprinkle it evenly on top of the batter in the dish.














And now for the weird part. Pour the hot water on top of the whole thing. If this step feels weird to you, you're not alone. I'm not sure how, but it works. Just believe.


Pop it in the oven for 40 minutes or until the middle is set. 40 minutes worked just fine for me.














Here's what it looked like when I took it out of the oven. And it smelled fantastic!














And it tasted heavenly. I only wish I would have had some ice cream or even whipped cream on hand. Instead, I just drank a big 'ol glass of milk while I ate it.














This would be a great dessert to make when you have company. It will impress, and it requires very little prep. It's ooey and gooey and delicious.


Ok, I might have to go get another piece. Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment