Monday, October 17, 2011

Moving Day and Tomato Soup

Moving progress: My parents watched the kids for several hours on Saturday so that James and I could pack. Although, we spent most of the time hauling garbage to the trash. We had lots of leftover supplies from various home improvement projects that we needed to dispose of. Instead of taking it to the dump (which is way out there and costs money), we hauled it to a couple of apartment building dumpsters (much closer and free). I don't know if you're supposed to do that or not, but we did. Then we went home and packed up just about the entire kitchen and some miscellaneous stuff. Last night I did some more packing while James kept an eye on the kids. I packed up their clothes and our towels and some of my clothes. The kids only have enough outfits left unpacked to last until Friday, and we only have two sets of towels left to use until then. Also, we sold our kitchen table yesterday, so the kitchen looks very bare.

Today we get to start moving stuff into the garage at our new house. We can't move anything into the house yet for liability reasons, but at least we can get stuff moved out of our current house. We close on our current house at 9am on Friday and we close on our new house at 10am, so there is an hour where we will be homeless. Everything needs to be out of our house by 9am that day.

On Thursday morning, James' parents are coming to town to help us move. His dad has a truck and a trailer, so that will help a lot. That's probably when we will move most of the bigger stuff.

In other news (since all I've been talking about lately is moving), I'm going to try my hand at home-made tomato soup tonight! My friend, Erica, and I went to Boardwalk Bar and Grill one time earlier this year and had grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. Ever since then, I've wanted to make my own. My dad had a bunch of tomatoes set aside for me to use last week, but when I brought all the ingredients over to my parents' house (I have to make it there because my whole kitchen is in boxes in the garage), we found that the tomatoes had gone bad. :( So then on Saturday, the teacher who I work with, Mrs. Z, called me and said she had just picked some tomatoes from her brother's garden, and had extra that she would bring to school on Monday. Yay! I got a second chance! That was so nice of her! She knew I was planning on making it last week, but the tomatoes were bad. So sweet! I'm so lucky to have had such great teachers to work with. :)

So anyway, it's moving week! This is the last Monday we will be spending in this house. Bittersweet.

P.S. Stay tuned, because I plan to blog about the tomato soup!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I made it to the blog! When I saw tomato soup in the title I immediately thought of the day we went to the Boardwalk! haha Good luck with moving!! And the the tomato soup :)

    ReplyDelete