Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Trials and Tribulations of Moving

It's done! The house is officially ours and we're all moved in. We've still got a lot of unpacking to do, but the important stuff is all put away. We already love several things about our new house. The street we live on is really quiet. Not much traffic, because the road doesn't go anywhere, it just loops around the the same street that it starts on, sort of like a cul-de-sac. We've met several of the neighbors and they all seem very nice. We love having the extra space. And the extra storage, as we have an abundance of closets in our new house. Also, I love love love my new washer and dryer that we had to buy, my new Dyson vacuum cleaner (housewarming gift from my parents), and our new Keurig (housewarming gift from the in-laws). Oh what fun!

But there is still much to be done. First of all, our basement has no furniture. It will be that way for a while, probably, although we do have grandiose plans for it. Also, lots of painting needs to be done. We're starting today with our pink bedroom. Next will probably be the kitchen/dining room, then the living room, and then the boys' rooms. After that I will tackle the wall paper in the basement. This is all going to take quite a while. Oh, and I'd like to also paint the upstairs bathroom sometime. Wow, that sounds like a lot more when I type it all out. I'm going to paint at my leisure, though. It's not something that needs to be done immediately. Also, we're in the process of trying to find a kitchen table. We have one that the owners left for us, but it's WAY too big, and the top is all scratched up and not in great shape. We want a different one right away. (UPDATE: Literally 10 minutes after posting this, I bought a table from the GF Facebook Garage Sale site for a steal! And it's exactly what we were looking for! Yippee!)

On the agenda for next summer is new windows. Not sure if we'll be doing all of them, or just some of them, but it needs to be done. Now that I know how wonderful new windows are, I'm spoiled and want them ASAP.

I feel very stressed and frazzled lately. James and I are trying to do about 1000 things all at once. We're trying to unpack, make small repairs and improvements, organize, as well as do normal things, like, tend to two small children, work, cooking, dishes, laundry, grocery shopping, etc. I am also taking a tax class so that I'll be able to prepare taxes this year. That's two nights a week for eight weeks, two hours each night, and it includes homework. Also, this week, I have another class for work (I need so many training hours every year). Life has been hectic lately, to say the least. We go to bed completely exhausted every night.

But it's worth all the hassle. Soon, we'll be unpacked, organized, painted, etc. and life will be back to normal. We look forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment