Saturday, March 20, 2010

Hello!

You've stumbled upon my new blog. I've tried blogging in the past, but I'm afraid I wasn't very good at it. So, I decided to give it another go. Here's what you can expect: Everything. Baby related posts, cooking related posts, money posts, and just general posts about what's going on in my crazy life. Oh, and I'm going to include pictures.

Lets begin.

I am Rachael, a 25 year old mom, who is constantly flying "by the seat of my pants." I don't have the slightest clue what I'm doing, but does anyone really? I work as a para-educator at an in-house school at a treatment facility for emotionally disturbed adolescents. I really like my job. It can be hard at times, but it makes me feel good. Isn't that really what it's all about?

I have an associates degree in accounting. I've always been good with numbers, but to be honest, I just kind of picked a major. Accounting was the first thing on the list and it sounded good to me. After graduation, I got a great job at the best known accounting firm in town. It took me a year to realize that it wasn't for me. I didn't like working for the man. It took everything I had just to make it to 5:00, and that wasn't how I wanted my life to be. That's when I found my current job. I am SO much happier, and I don't regret making the switch one bit.

James and I were married on June 9th, 2007, after dating for almost four years. He is the most wonderful man I've ever met and I am so very in love with him. Sounds corny, I know, but he is truly the love of my life and my best friend. I don't know what I'd do without him.





James works as a Senior Regional Team Lead at a company that does tech support for a lot of major companies worldwide. James is on the McDonald's desk. He is in charge of an entire region and a whole team of technicians. His section of the company is currently being sold to McDonald's, so soon he'll work for corporate McDonald's, but we'll save that story for a whole different post.

Our son, Isaac James, was born on July 13th, 2009. If you'd like to know the story of his birth, read this post on my old blog. He is now 8 months old and the absolute joy of our lives.



You're probably wondering about the helmet. He got it at the beginning of February. His head was a little too flat in the back and his ears weren't totally aligned. It really wasn't very noticable, but it could lead to jaw alignment issues and migranes and stuff when he gets older, so we wanted to nip it in the bud. He'll have to wear it until at least his next appointment. So far, his head growth has been slow, but it has been correcting and his ears are now aligned. Hopefully we can amp up his growth this month so he can get the darn thing off.

Well, that's enough background for one day. We'll talk later. Thanks for reading.










No comments:

Post a Comment