Friday, March 26, 2010

What a week!

If I had to choose one word for this week, it would be "uuuughhhhh." Yep, that's a word.

Monday: The teacher I work with had a sick daughter and she had to stay home. It's usually a lot more work for me when she's gone, but not too big of a deal. Sh*t happens. Well, this time, it was difficult to find a substitute and we ended up with someone who I don't like. At all. In fact, this particular sub has been banned from one school in our district for telling the kids they're stupid and saying things like, "What are you special ed?" Plus I had to leave early to take Isaac to get his helmet adjusted.

On the way out of the doctor's office, I started feeling pretty sick. I had terrible cramping in my lower abdomen. It started out feeling kind of like menstral cramps, and slowly increased in intensity. That night I laid in bed crying because it hurt so bad. Needless to say, I didn't sleep well that night.

Tuesday: I woke up in the morning and still had excruciating pain, so I called in sick. I felt bad doing so, but, again, sh*t happens. James then informed me that he had started having the same kind of pain, but he was going to go to work anyway. At this point, I'm thinking the culprit for the sickness is something we ate. Somehow, I was able to get back to sleep. I woke up when James called at 11am to tell me he was coming home because he felt too sick to stay at work.

Around 1pm, I started feeling a lot better. I decided I would still  be able to go to my CPI (Crisis Prevention & Intervention) class with my mom at 4pm. Thankfully, we got done early (at 6:45 instead of 8:00). I got home to find that James hadn't put Isaac down for a nap until 6:30. Holy late nap, Batman! We finally woke him up around 8pm. Needless to say, he didn't sleep well that night so guess who was up with him every hour or so? Yours truly.

Wednesday: James and I were both feeling better at this point. Wednesday was a pretty uneventful day. These days I'm thankful for uneventful. However, Isaac did decide to wake up early, so I had to get up early too. Yay.

Thursday: The teacher I work with found out that her daughter has pneumonia (!!) on Tuesday. Her husband stayed home on Wednesday with the poor little two-year-old, so she had to stay home today. That means another substitute. Great. Luckilly, it wasn't the same one as Monday. This one was pretty decent. But after they kids came back from lunch, they were all one big ball of energy. It was exhausting! Then I had to go to CPI class again from 4-8pm. Thankfully, we got done early again - 6:30 this time! My mom and I went out for appetizers and $1.95 Long Island Iced Teas afterward.

When I got home, I could hardly keep my eyes open. I played with Isaac for a little while, and then my wonderful husband bathed him, fed him, and put him to bed. I went to bed at 9pm that night and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. I was dead to the world. I don't even know when James came to bed.

Friday: This was by far the best day of the week. First of all, it's Friday! That in and of itself makes it a good day. Second, when I got to work, there was a BK Mocha Joe on my desk from the teacher. :o) She knew it had been a rough week (it had been for her too!) and she knows I like Mocha Joes. Third, we watched a movie after lunch, which means the kids weren't unruly for the last few hours of school.

When we got home after I picked Isaac up from daycare, it was almost 50 degrees outside! So I tossed Isaac in the stroller and we took off for a short walk around the neighborhood. And no blog post is complete without at least one picture, so here is one from our first stroll of the season:


Later, we went out for supper with my folks and my brother, and as soon as I hit the "publish post" button, I'll be heading to bed to read for a bit, and then hit the sack.

Happy weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment