Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Photography

As you may have noticed, I like to take pictures. After I found out I was pregnant, I decided that I needed a good camera. So I went out and bought a Nikon D40 on a day-after-Thanksgiving sale. I never really learned how to use it though. I mean, sure it took some nice pictures, but I didn't even know what half of the settings were used for. I just took all my pictures on the auto setting.

At the beginning of March, my mom and I started taking a photography/photo editing class. It was held every Monday night from 6-8 PM for four weeks at a local high school. Yesterday was the last class. I really enjoyed it and I learned a lot. Now I know about things like aperature and shutter speed, how to get certain shots with cool effects, etc. I also learned a thing or two about Photoshop.

During a few of the classes, the instructor went over a bunch of info and then set us loose around the school to get some photos. Now, a high school doesn't exactly give you a lot of cool photo opps, so one has to get kind of creative (of course, that was the fun part!). I thought I'd share some of my favorite (unedited) shots. We were working with close ups and backround blur when I took these particular ones. Enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment