Monday, August 2, 2010

Target Escapades - 8/2

Guess what? I went shopping today! Are you surprised? :oP

Seriously though, I really haven't been doing much shopping lately. A few deals here and there, but there hasn't been much to spike my interest lately. Today I got a few good deals, and I thought I'd share.


Ok, I really like these things. Each one dispenses six globs of gel that stick to the side of your toilet and keeps it spic and span. Each glob lasts about a week. We have two toilets, so we go through these fairly quickly. And they're regularly about $4 ($3.94 to be exact), so I don't usually buy them unless I can get a good deal. Well, they were on price cut for $3.49 at Target, and I had a manufacturer coupon for B1G1 (from the 8-1 RP insert), so I got each one for $1.75. I can live with that.





















Herbal Essences is my favorite shampoo/conditioner. But, these small bottles are regularly $2.99, yikes! This week they're on sale for $2.50 each, and I pulled a B1G1 manufacturer coupon from Sunday's (8-1) RP insert, so I paid $1.25 each. Yippee!

























Only three more weeks until school starts, so I'm going to need some stuff for breakfast/mid-morning snacks. Target has a deal running where if you buy four select Kellogg's products, you get one free. I got two packages of Nutri-Grain bars and three 12-count packages of Pop Tarts. Here's the breakdown:

2 x Nutri-Grain Bars & 3 x Pop Tarts @ $2.39 each = $11.95
-$2.39 (one is free with Target deal)
-$1/2 Target Q for Kelloggs Snack Items (Pop-Tarts or Nutri-Grain Bars 8ct.) from the 8-1 RP
-$1/2 MQ for Pop Tarts HERE
-$1/2 Nutri-Grain Bars HERE
=$6.56 for 2 boxes of Nutri-Grain Bars and 3 big boxes of Pop Tarts, or $1.31 each.

Not bad, but this could be an even better deal if you have two of the Target Q's from Sunday's Red Plum insert. I only had one though. :( Still too good to pass up, since they were all less than half price!

I also bought some Charmin toilet paper (reg. $11.79, on sale for $9.99 - $1/1 Target Q (8-1 RP) and .25/1 MQ (can't remember which insert it's from, but I got it yesterday) = $8.74. I really hate buying toilet paper. It's so dang expensive! Even with coupons!

Also, if you bring in reusable bags to use, you get $.05 off your total per bag. I brought one in today, but for some reason, he took off $.10. For me, this is not really an incentive to bring a reusable bag. I do it more for the environment. Although we use the plastic bags to wrap poopy diapers in, so maybe I should get plastic bags...

So I spent a total of $21.19 and saved $17.71. I saved about 45%. I generally like to aim for a 40-50% savings, so I'm happy with this.

Happy shopping!

2 comments:

  1. WHAT!? You get red-plum inserts?!
    Forum only has Smartsource & the once-a-month P&G.
    I'm sad now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but only because my dad buys the Star Tribune (Minneapolis paper) and I steal it from him. We get one in the Herald too, but it's WAY smaller and doesn't have much in it.

    ReplyDelete