Sunday, August 1, 2010

Breaking Dawn & Farenheit 451

I finally finished the Twilight Saga! FINALLY.

If you remember my post in April about my New Year's resolution to read one book a month (you can find it here), which I failed by the way, you may be thinking, "I thought you were going to read Breaking Dawn in May?" And you'd be right. I was going to read it in May, but I was pretty bored with the last few Twilight books, and I sort of petered out. Then I saw all the Eclipse movie previews and felt like finishing.

I am SO glad I did! Breaking Dawn was by far the best out of the series. Seriously. I couldn't put this book down! Now I'm left craving more and there is no more! How cruel! (I apologize for my overuse of exclamation points.)

My good friend, Erica, just finished reading Eclipse, so we're going to see the movie tomorrow. I'm really excited! I heard it's a pretty good movie.

Another reason I'm looking forward to tomorrow is because I could use a girls night out! Especially after a weekend with the in-laws. James' parents came to visit this weekend. The plan was for James and his dad to install a new exterior door and a storm door. Unfortunately, his dad wasn't feeling well for the majority of Saturday (migraine, chills, upset stomach), and they didn't want to start the project if they couldn't finish it, so instead our new doors are leaning against the wall in the garage. Oh well, at least they got to see Isaac - that's really the important thing.

Don't get me wrong, I do like my in-laws. But sometimes, when other people (anyone, not just my in-laws) come into my house and do things their way, it can get on my nerves. It's nothing against them, it's just that sometimes I don't play well with others.

So, I'm excited to have dinner and a movie with a good friend! Woohoo!

And although I have failed my New Year's resolution, I still plan to continue reading. I only missed out on May and June. If I can read 10 books in a year, that's still probably a record for me!

Next up - Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. I've been reading it, off and on, for about two weeks now. I thought it would be a quick read, but things keep coming up and I'm not able to read as much as I'd like. I'm about half way through, and it's pretty good. The reason I chose Fahrenheit 451 (which by the way, is "the temperature at which book paper catches fire and burns..." That gives you a small clue as to what the book is about) is because last year I had to help a girl read it for school. I figured, if it's now required reading in high school, I should probably be familiar with it so I can help students with it. I read a little of it with that student last year, but I wanted to read it all rather than just bits and pieces. Plus, James owns it, so I figured I'd just read it really quick. A few good nights of solid reading and I should be able to finish it. It's definitely different than the stuff I usually read. A change is nice sometimes!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about having company over - I love having visitors and stuff, but when you're so used to 1. your privacy, and 2. your way all the time, you can only take it so long!
    Also, Eclipse was a really good movie and I've also heard breaking dawn is the best of the series! I asked Rob for a copy for my birthday - that would be the only book of the series I own, LOL! So, I haven't started reading it yet, but I can't wait to get my hands on it!

    ReplyDelete