Sunday, October 3, 2010

Giving Up on Target (For Now)

James and I went on our bi-weekly shopping trip on Friday. Usually we go to Target because I have all sorts of coupons. This time, we went to Wal-Mart. You heard me right - Wal-Mart. It's true that I am an avid Wal-Mart hater, but Target is really getting on my nerves lately.

For the last month or so, every single time I go to Target and use lots of coupons, there is at least one coupon that rang up for less than the full amount. It's frustrating. Target has been having these issues all over the country since June. I started having problems in September. I usually watch my receipt very closely, but it's irritating when I have to go to customer service to get money back for my coupons every. single. time. I go shopping. Plus, then I get the money back in cash, which I don't want. I want it taken off my order so I don't have to pay as much initially! That's the point of a coupon!

I think the thing that bothers me the most is that Target knows about this issue. It has been happening since June. Why haven't they fixed it yet? Probably because when they send the coupons in to the manufacturer, they get reimbursed the full amount - yet Target isn't giving the full amount to the customer; therefore, they are making money on this "glitch".

So unless I only have one or two coupons, I think I'll steer clear of Target until they can get this whole thing figured out.

1 comment:

  1. Target might go out of business without you LOL! That's too bad. Makes me *kind of* glad it's so out of my way :)

    ReplyDelete