Friday, October 15, 2010

Windows!

Guess what we got this week? You guessed it! New windows! They look great!

We opted to do the jam extentions and inside trim ourselves to save about $1K, so that isn't going to get done for a little while. James talked to his dad tonight and he said they could come up next weekend to help with that. That's WAY faster than I thought it would get done! Makes me happy! I hate half finished projects.

So in addition to the $7K we spent on windows, we also had to drop $350 on blinds. It maybe wouldn't have to cost so much, but for some reason, my husband has his heart set on vertical blinds. Apparently those are spendy. And apparently we have one humongo window at 108 inches, plus you want the blinds to hang past the window a few inches. The biggest pre-fab vertical blinds you can get are 104 inches. So, of course, we have to special order it. I ended up getting them online. They're fabric and really nice. I'm excited to get them.

But until we get the blinds delivered, we have no window treatments in the living room. This is what our house looks like from the outside at night.

You can see right through the living room and into the kitchen. As you can imagine, we're feeling a bit exposed. I mean, you can see what's on TV, for crying out loud! Most evenings, once Isaac goes to bed, I retreat to the bedroom where I can relax safely behind our curtains.

In other news, I'm sick. I have a cold and a possible sinus infection (I've had a headache for over a week and now I'm blowing my nose a LOT). Tonight will be a NyQuil kind of night.

No comments:

Post a Comment