Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Basic Lasagna



I just realized that I forgot to post the last recipe from my freezer cooking day. Lasagna, yum! So I decided to post it now, even though it might take a while because I'm also indulging in my guilty pleasure of watching Teen Mom 2, not to mention getting karate kicked in the bladder by Sequel (read: multiple trips to the bathroom).

But I digress.

I really don't use a recipe when I make lasagna. Mine is pretty easy and basic: meat, sauce, cheese, noodles. The end. I also like to make it in a big 9x13 pan because this is another dish that is excellent warmed up as leftovers.

Ingredients
2 lbs ground beef
Jar of spaghetti sauce (26 oz)
1 pkg lasagna noodles
Cottage cheese (22 oz) or ricotta
4 cups mozzarella cheese

Brown the beef, then drain it. Add the spaghetti sauce to the beef. Boil the lasagna noodles until they're very al dente. I like to use whole wheat lasagna noodles because with all the other stuff in lasagna, you can't even tell that it's whole wheat.

Now grab your 9x13 pan and start layering. Here's the order I layer in, but you can do whatever you want. The world is your burrito, er... lasagna? Whatever.

Noodles
Beef mixture
Cottage cheese
Mozzarella
Noodles
...
Lather, rinse, repeat until it's to the top of the pan. Try to end up with beef mixture on the top, then top it with some mozzarella.

Bake it at 350 degrees for about 45 min to an hour. If you freeze it, you really should thaw it before baking or else it's going to take a looooong time to cook. Bake it with some tin foil on top, then remove the foil for the last 10-15 minutes of baking. This will prevent the cheese on top from getting crusty.

And that concludes my recipes for February freezer cooking. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment