Sunday, March 20, 2011

Big Boy Bed

That's right, we made the leap to the big boy bed. We converted Isaac's crib to a toddler bed on Wednesday because both J and I had Thursday and Friday off of work. We just wanted to see how it went, and if it goes well, we'll get him a toddler bed when it gets closer to my due date so that Sequel can have the crib.

It's going wonderfully so far! Bedtime is a breeze, as usual, he just climbs into bed himself now. How on Earth did we end up with such a great kid?

The only problem we have is nap time, and this issue developed just yesterday. When we put him in bed for a nap, he thinks it's fun to climb out of bed once we leave the room, take all the blankets, pillows, and stuffed animals off the bed, and lay on them right in front of the door. Then we have to put everything back in the bed, and he'll climb in and say, "night night". Then when we leave the room, he climbs out and piles everything behind the door. Lather, rinse, repeat. I found a trick that works, though. I just keep the door open a crack and watch him after I put him to bed. Then if he climbs out of bed, I open the door right away and tell him to lay down. He'll get back in bed, and then he knows that I'm watching, so he'll stay there. It worked like a charm both times I did it today. Hopefully it will continue to work.

I'm extremely impressed that he hasn't once gotten out of his bed in the middle of the night (knock on wood). He did fall out once on Wednesday night, but I guess he learned his lesson because he hasn't done it since.

Here's a picture. I sneaked into his room and took it about 20 minutes ago. Precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment