Saturday, May 15, 2010

Almost There!

9 days left of school! Woohoo!

I have to admit, I LOVE counting down to days off. That's something I really missed when I graduated. There was always something to look forward to.

Anyway, the last day of school is Thursday, May 27th, but teachers have to stick around on Friday to... well, I guess I don't really know what they do. Probably get things squared away for the summer. I am not a teacher. I am a para-educator, which is pretty much a teacher with less education and less responsibilities, so my summer starts that Friday. Isaac's daycare is open that day, because most of the kids' parents are teachers and have to work. I don't have to work (have I mentioned that?). And since we've already used up all of our daycare vacation days and will be paying for that day anyway, I'm sending him. That means I get a day off all by myself! Oh the possibilities!

In other news, my cousin's daughter (who was a flower girl in my wedding) got confirmed today. And guess who was her sponser? Yours truly! It was a loooooong mass, but it was fun seeing all the little boys and girls dressed up with their ties and their dresses. They all looked so cute!

Not much else going on right now besides my coupon obsession (which I have now passed on to my sole co-worker) and my cooking obsession (which is now sort of on the back burner because I'm getting lazy). Isaac had some sort of virus last week, which caused an ear infection, which gave him a fever. He hadn't been sleeping well because of all this, so it was a long couple of nights. But he's back to his smiley, happy self again. He's crawling everywhere and loves to clap. He's also saying "dada" and "mama" but I'm not sure he knows what they mean. He does, however, know what "uh-oh" means. He drops stuff and says it. James is trying to teach him to say it when he burps or farts. Men.

Remember when Isaac had his helmet? Ever wonder how much one of those babies costs? Well, I'll tell you. $3K, that's how much. Thank goodness for insurance, although we still have to pay over $500. This, my friends, is why everyone should have a little thing called an emergency fund... unless you can afford to take $500 + out of your budget elsewhere.

Ok, now I'm done with my ramblings and am heading off to bed. Goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment