Monday, May 10, 2010

Mexican Feast Part Tres - Fried Ice Cream

Sorry to keep you in suspense. I took Mother's Day off. :)

For my lazy readers -
Part one - Chicken Mole Poblano
Part two - Refried Beans

Ok, so here's the finale - fried ice cream.

First you'll want to take a couple of scoops of ice cream and put them in the freezer for at least an hour. I used three. We only needed two, but I figured I'd screw at least one up. I also put them on a cookie sheet with a piece of wax paper on it, but you can do whatever works.













In a small bowl, combine a 1/2 cup of crushed corn flakes, 1 tbsp cinnamon, and 2 tbsp sugar.
(When I took this picture, I'd already dipped the ice cream a few times.)













When the ice cream is good and frozen, take it out of the freezer and roll it in the corn flake mixture. Then put it back in the freezer for another hour or so.













After about an hour you can take them out of the freezer and then dip them in a beaten egg, and dip them into the corn flake mixture again. (I forgot to take a picture of that step, oops.)
Then guess what? Back into the freezer for another hour.

Now this is the tricky part.

Before you're ready to take corn flake coated ice cream balls out of the freezer for the last time, heat some oil to 375 degrees. If you use a deep fryer, be ready to change the oil out, because you will get ice cream in the oil.

Drop one ice cream ball into the fryer for about 30 seconds. If you see the ice cream oozing out before the 30 seconds is up, take it out.

Then top it with whipped cream and honey. Oh man, it was so good! Definitely the best part of the feast!













El final.

No comments:

Post a Comment