Monday, July 5, 2010

What a Difference a Little Color Makes!

As you may know, I've been dipping my pinkey toe into the photography pool lately. Last week, I borrowed my mom's Photoshop Elements and have been tinkering with it ever since. I just wanted to share a few photos that I edited. The main thing that I've done with all of these is mess with the color saturation, and WOW! It really makes a difference. The 'before' photos look so dull and gray, even the ones I thought looked great before! See for yourself...



I took this photo with my trusty ol' point-and-shoot this weekend (because I forgot my DSLR, oops). If you look at the second one for a while, then look back at the first one you'll think "How did I even think this one looked good before? It's so drab!" At least, that's what I thought. I also softened their faces a little with a gaussian blur, but you can't really tell because their faces are so soft to begin with.


I liked this photo to begin with, but then I played with the color saturation and now I LOVE this photo.


I wanted to share this one because I over-did it a little. I pushed the saturation and hue past what I normally would set it at, and I like it. It gives it a little bit of an artsy feel. Well, I think so anyway.
















With this photo, the difference is a little more subtle, but I still like it.


I think I've created a monster... I can't stop!

1 comment: