Friday, April 2, 2010

Another Successful Target Adventure

Well, mostly successful. Unbeknownst to me, it is Canadian spring break this week. Grand Forks is only a hop, skip, and a jump - or an hour car ride - away from the Canadian border, which means on weeks like this, all of our stores become packed with swarms of Canadians, especially since the exchange rate is great for them right now. Also, a lot of people, myself included, don't work today because of Easter. So, Target was packed. While looking for a few items that I wanted, I ended up getting too frustrated and giving up. But that's not to say I didn't get some pretty good deals on the stuff I did find. We bought a lot of stuff, so I won't go through and itemize every single thing, but I will highlight the best deals that I found.














Coke products at our store were on super duper sale for $2.20 each. There was a limit of eight, so we bought eight. I might actually go back tomorrow and get eight more. We can just store it in the basement, and you only find deals like this on Coke once in a blue moon. We also bought some Dr. Pepper, which was on sale for $2.50.














You must be thinking, "Why on Earth would someone with an 8-month-old need games like these?" Well, I don't. I'll probably save them for gifts. But I do plan on keeping Bop It for myself because it looks fun. And I've always loved Connect Four, so I might keep that one too. But regardless, I got all of the above items for a total of (drumroll please!)... $3.00, so who cares what I do with them. They were practically free.

How, you ask? Well, Connect 4x4 and Bop It were both on sale for $14 each. Target has a deal running where you can get the Monopoly card game for free (reg. $5.24) when you buy a game that is priced at $10 or more. Also, I found a bunch of printable coupons from http://www.playsaver.com/, but I just searched for them again and it looks like they are no longer available. I used a printable for $4 off Connect Four and a printable for $5 off Bop It. I also was able to use two $5/1 for ANY Monopoly game, even though it was already free. Then I used two Target printable coupons for $3 off select games (here). Here's the breakdown:
$14+14+5.24+5.24 = $38.48 (total cost of all four games)
$38.48 - $4 - $5 - $5 - $5 - $5.24 - $5.24 - $3 - $3 = $3 total that I paid for all four games.
This deal idea was given to me by the awesome teacher I work with. Thanks Kristi!














Next up, Lysol Healthy Touch system starter kit.
$9.99 - $5 coupon (3-28 SS) - $1 (Target printable coupon) = $3.99
I thought it looked neat, and it seemed like a pretty good deal to me!














Seventh Generation all purpose disinfecting spray -
$2.99 - $1/1 printable coupon - $1/1 printable Target coupon = $0.99
Snuggle fabric softener -
$3.99 - $3/1 coupon (3-28 RP) = $0.99
Betty Crocker potatoes -
$0.99 sale (x2) - $1/2 peelie coupon from box = $0.49 each
Halls cough drops -
$1.19 - $1/1 printable coupon = $0.19
Philadelphia Cream Cheese -
$0.99 (x4) - $0.55/2 printable (x2) = $0.72 each. This is a pretty good deal because they're normally around $2.


























While I was shopping for the boring old necessities, James and Isaac ran off to various departments that held James's interest a little better. While in the hardware department, James ran across these... things. Screws and bolts I guess. I guess it's something he was looking for, and we are always needing things like this in our fixer-upper house, so he picked a couple up. I must be rubbing off on him because the first thing he showed me was the clearance sticker. LOL! Good job, hunny!

With all the sales, price cuts, coupons, etc... we saved $112.12! Pretty good. That means we saved 44% on our total bill! It's not half, but it's pretty darn close! Especially since we bought a bunch of stuff for Isaac's easter basket, some Advil, a book for James, and various other things that weren't even on sale/we didn't have coupons for.

I'll call it a success!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I figured out why you like Target so much better than I do - You have SUPER target... we don't. I went deal-doing on friday and I went to target, kind of a bust. I was gonna do the bop-it coupons too, but for the travel sized one. They were gone. The canadians invaded Fargo target too. It was nuts. And I didn't find any deals I wanted at CVS this week, so GO YOU! I swear, you'll find something for $10 that will give you more ECB for the next next time. $8.99 for a small pack of diapers is 'regular' price to me too, but with coupons & ECB I'll get em at CVS rather than someplace else with just coupons.

    ReplyDelete