Tuesday, April 6, 2010

CVS - Round 2

Ok, so I'm slowly starting to understand the CVS craze. Thanks Sarah! :)
I just want to take a quick second to tell all you CVS shoppers out there that you should scan your card at the little red price check stations at the store every time you go! Yesterday when I went, I scanned my card and two coupons printed out. $1 off any CVS paper product and $1 off any CVS skin care product.
Here's what I bought:














Colgate Pro Clinical - Reg. $4.99
$3.99 sale - $1 MQ (here) - $2 ECB = $0.99
Skintimate Moisturinzing Cream Shave - Reg. $3.99
$3.99 - $1.50/1 MQ (3-28 SS) - $3 ECB = $0.51 money maker! (EDIT: I just realized that this coupon was actually for $1.50/2, but I didn't notice and neither did the cashier, so when the register beeped she just entered it manually. Sweet!)
Pantene Shampoo/Conditioner - Reg. $5.99
$2.99 sale (x2) - $1.50/1 MQ (got this Q in a pack of Pampers) (x2) - $1 ECB (x2) = $0.49 each
Colgate Total - Reg. $3.89
$2.99 sale - $0.75 MQ (here) - $2 ECB = $0.24
CVS Facial Tissue
$1.99 - $1 CVS coupon = $0.99 (I'll admit, when I grabbed these tissues, I thought they were $0.99, so they'd be free after my coupon, but they rang up for $1.99. Oops.)
CVS Cleansing Facial Wipes - 15 count
$2.99 - $1 CVS coupon = $1.99 (I thought these might come in handy for our many upcoming camping trips this summer.)

I used my $10 ECB that I got after my last CVS purchase, and my total came to $5.02! Even I was surprised! And I earned $9 ECB for next time.

A few things I've learned so far about this store.
1) Walk around and look for clearance signs. Sometimes you can find things for up to 75% off.
2) It's very easy to see things that look like good deals, but be careful! CVS prices their products higher than at your average Target or Wal-Mart. Then they have huge sales, but sometimes those prices are still higher or the same as other stores. My advice is to make a list of the things you're going to buy that you know are good deals and stick to it. That might help you avoid buyers remorse when you realize you spent more than you had to.
3) On your first purchase, the ECB don't help to bring down the total. But it will help on subsequent purchases. Once you have some ECB in reserve, you will buy stuff that gives you more ECB while using your current ECB. Ok, that made sense in my head. Hopefully it will make sense in yours too.

I will definitely continue to pick apart the weekly CVS ads, but I'm still not totally sold. I sort of feel like they're trying to trick me with their "sales" and it kinda makes me mad. That's probably silly, but that's how I feel. As a result, I won't buy anything except super deals on things that I know are going to be cheaper at CVS. I don't want to get ripped off.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I definitely don't run to CVS to pick stuff up. I only do sales there, by the ad and only stuff I'll actually use. It's close to my house and I just think it's fun to get money back to go back next time. I feel like I get alot of free stuff from there. :)
    Cute pictures from the park! Devin LOVES the slides!

    ReplyDelete