Saturday, April 17, 2010

Creamy Chicken Crescent... thingies

Ok, so I haven't quite come up with a name for these yet. Suggestions are welcome.

Anyway, I got a bunch of cream cheese on sale a few weeks ago, so I was then charged with the task of figuring out somthing to make with cream cheese in it. Plus, I didn't want to go shopping so I needed to have all of the ingredients already. I used a recipe for inspiration, but ended up not really following it at all. Here's what I came up with.

First, I chopped up three split chicken breasts into pretty small pieces. I prefer shredded chicken, but that's too time consuming for me. I'm lazy. So I just chopped it all up and threw it into the frying pan.

Then I put the following ingredients into a bowl:
6 oz of cream cheese
3 tbsp melted margarine (you could also use butter)
A little (2 tbsp maybe?) milk
Onion powder to taste
A handful of shredded cheese

Then I added the chicken.

And mixed it up.


I layed refrigerated crescent roll dough on a cookie sheet in rectangles (2 triangles = 1 rectangle). You need to pinch the middles together to make them stay attached to each other.

Then I topped the crescent dough with the chicken mixture, folded it up, and pinched the edges together. The one in the top left corner of the picture gave me some trouble. It didn't look nearly as pretty as the others.

I baked them on 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Ho. ly. crap.
They were SOOOO good. Make them. Tonight. Seriously.

A few notes:
You could use chopped onions in lieu of the onion powder. As I mentioned before, I'm lazy. That's why I love onion powder.
Be sure to cook them long enough. Crescent dough has a tendency of browning nicely on the outside, but being doughy on the inside. It should be nice and dark on the outside. Nothing turns me off of my food more than a great big mouthful of dough. Ew.

Doesn't it look delicious?


Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment