Friday, April 2, 2010

Yesterday's Deals

I went shopping yesterday, despite my lack of cash since payday wasn't until today. But really, it was ok because I was pretty darn thrifty!

First I went to CVS. I'm not really a huge fan of CVS, but my cousin insists that you can really get some good deals there. And you can, but everything is so overpriced to begin with that I never know if I really am getting a good deal, even if it's on sale. Anyway, Here's what I bought:













The total cost for the above products was $11.05, including tax.

The Huggies were on "sale" (I use quotes because this sale of theirs actually brings the price down to what you'd normally pay at Wal-Mart or Target) for $8.99, plus if you buy two you get $5 ECB (Extra Care Bucks - it's their reward program. It means I'll get $5 off my next purchase at CVS, same as cash). I also used two of my $3/1 printed coupons.

$17.98 for both packs - $6 coupons - $5 ECB = $6.98 for both packs, or $3.49 each.

This is a great deal, but I'm not totally sold on counting the ECB as part of the deal, since I still had to pay that $5 yesterday. It doesn't actually help me until the next time I shop. Plus, I have to remember to use it before it expires on May 1st. Either way, it's still as much as I would have paid at Target while using my coupons, so I might as well get a little extra bonus.

I've always wanted to try those Thermacare heat packs. I bought two 3-packs of the 12 hour kind. I think they'll be great for menstrual cramps and whatever else hurts. I think James will like them too. They were on sale for $6.49 each, plus another $5 ECB wyb (when you buy) two, and I had two $3/1 coupons (here).

$12.98 for both packs - $6 coupons - $5 ECB = $1.98 for both packs, or $0.99 each.

Again, I'm counting the ECB. And I don't know how much these usually go for, but I know that 99 cents for a 3-pack has to be a good deal. And now I have a total of $10 ECB to use next time I shop there!

Next, I went to Wal-Mart. I hate Wal-Mart. I always have coupon issues there, usually due to the severe incompetence of the cashier. It always takes me twice as long as it should at the register. The cashier I had yesterday wasn't too bad, but he felt the need to read every single individual coupon and that took a while. Anyway, here's what I got:














I got all this for $8.10.

Stayfree pads - $2.98 - $2/1 coupon from 3-21 insert (can't remember which one) = $0.98
Suave 24-Hour deodorant - $1.72 each (x4) - $3/2 printable coupon (x2) = $0.22 each
- Who needs four tubes of deodorant, you ask? Me I guess. It will probably last me a year or so, but at $0.22 I couldn't help myself.
Ronzoni Smart Taste pasta - $1.28 each (x2) - $0.75/1 (x2) = $0.53 each (print coupon here, here, and here - you should be able to print two coupons from each link if you really like pasta, lol)
Velveeta Shells & Cheese cups - $0.98 each (x4) - B1G1 coupon (x2) = $0.49 each
Life Savers Strings n Rings single serve pouch - $0.64 each (x2) - $0.50/1 printable coupon (x2) = $0.14 each
Duncan Hines cake mix - $0.98 (x2) - $0.55/2 coupon from 3/28 SS = $0.71 each
Duncan Hines frosting - $1.25 (x2) - $0.35/1 peelie coupon on cake mix (x2) - $0.90 each - not the greatest deal in the world, but I needed frosting anyway.

I also got a box of the new Pampers Cruisers while I was at Wal-Mart.














It cost me $15, and it came with a travel pack of sensitive wipes, and a travel pack for diapers. It said it was a $25 value, but who knows. I really have no idea if this was a good deal or not, but I wanted to try the new Cruisers.

Then I headed to Menard's. I think it's more of a local store, so for those of you who don't live around here, Menard's is a hardward store with a small grocery section. Weird, I know, but whatever. Here is what I bought there:













The awesome teacher I work with alerted me of the Crystal Light deal. They were $1.99 for a 6 pack, plus a mail-in-rebate (MIR) of $1.50 for each pack (limit 8). So I bought 8. That's $0.49 for a 6-pack! Meaning each bottle is about 8.2 cents. I had to do it. That is too good to pass up.

While I was there I noticed that they also had 4-packs of the Rip It energy drinks for $3.49 with a MIR of $1.50 each (limit 4). I know James likes energy drinks, but they're usually so expensive so he doesn't get them often. So I picked up four packs for him. $0.50 for an energy drink is pretty good. Plus he deserves a treat for being such a good husband and daddy. :)

Everything I bought today cost me a grand total of $47.09. That's a pretty good haul!

Off to Target today! I'll post my Target deals tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment