Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I'm baaaaack!

I feel like I've been so busy lately! Here's an update on my life.

Monday was my uncle's funeral. It sucked, but I guess that's to be expected. Then on the way home from the funeral, we realized that our tire was low on air. We stopped at a gas station to fill it, and noticed that there was a hole in the tire. Great. So we drove across the street to another gas station that had a tire shop connected to it. Turns out there was a chunk of a screw or nail or something in the tire. So they patched it up and sent us on our way.

Then I went to my dentist appointment and found out I have a cavity. It's getting filled next Thursday. Awesome.

Not a great day.

When I got to work on Tuesday, a few of the students had made me a really large sympathy card and had everyone sign it. It was very sweet! It made me cry a little, but in a good way. It definitely brightened my day.


Since I work in a state treatment facility, I had to cut out the kids' names due to confidentiality. I didn't take out Kristi's name because she's the teacher.
The back was my favorite. Even though she totally spelled Isaac's name wrong. :) You can click on the picture to enlarge it. The words are a little small.
Boy, usually those kids really stress me out, but they sure can be sweet sometimes.

My week just keeps getting better. Today was wonderful! When I picked Isaac up from daycare after work, she had the kids on a blanket on the lawn. They were having a "picnic" with graham crackers and water. It was cute! :) So I sat with them for about 20 minutes. Then when we got home I spread out a blanket on our lawn and sat out there with Isaac and read him a few books until Daddy got home from work. Then we all played outside for a little while until supper was ready. After supper, the three of us went shopping. I needed a new power cord for my laptop ($85!!!) and we're casually looking for a new dresser. What a wonderfully ordinary day!

Here's to hoping that tomorrow is even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment