Thursday, June 3, 2010

Outside with Isaac

Funny story - I was talking to our next-door neighbor the other day and he was telling me about this one time last week when I was laying on the ground taking pictures of Isaac. He went outside, saw me, and thought I was laying on the ground all funny because I was hurt. Then when he looked closer, he saw that I was just taking photos of Isaac.

Apparently I look like I am in pain when I'm taking pictures. Who knew?

The said photo shoot when ok, but I did have one nemesis - the sun. Let me just say that I really don't know what the heck I'm doing. I know about a few camera settings, and I have a decent camera, but other than that, I'm sort of flying by the seat of my pants. :) I guess this blog is aptly named. Also, the photos that you have seen on this blog thus far are totally unedited. I'm currently trying to find a deal on Photoshop Elements (you know me, I won't pay full price) so I won't have to find time to go to my parents' house and use my mom's copy.

Ok, so the sun was not my friend this day. When we sat in the shade of the tree, I got shadows. When we sat in the sun, facing away from it - I got shadows. When we sat in the sun, facing toward it - guess what? Shadows you say? Wrong. No shadows, but Isaac was making funny faces because the sun was in his eyes. I just couldn't win.

Anywho, here are a few of the shots I got.


See what I mean about the shadows? This is when we were sitting under the shade of the tree.

This picture is the reason we decided to give Isaac a haircut. No child of mine will have anything resembling a mullet.


This is one of my faves. I just love aperture. Can you tell?




Not really sure what's going on here. Push-ups maybe?

This is when we sat in the sun, facing away from it. It's a little washed out in some places, and much darker in others. I maybe could have adjusted the ISO, but I'm not really sure if that would work in this situation. Isaac was getting restless so I didn't have time to monkey with it.

Obviously, this is when we were sitting facing the sun. That's Mickey in the background. We were doggysiting while my parents were on vacation.

"Mom, can't we be done yet?"

1 comment:

  1. LOL - the Mullet is when we decided Dev needed a haircut too, his got much longer because we wanted to wait til he turned 1 for his 1st haircut. It was rockin. Then right before his 2nd haircut I was giving him the 'bieber' because he was sooo shaggy!
    I love the pushup picture. We're going to have to get the babies together again sooon!! When are you going to the Lake?

    ReplyDelete