Friday, February 25, 2011

Chicken Burritos

{Sorry guys, I accidentally posted this without finishing it first. Oops. Here's the whole version.}

Ok, first let me say that these things are pretty darn easy to make. And they look great! I already had the chicken cooked and shredded, so it was a little faster than it would be if you had to cook the chicken and then shred it, but it only took me about 15 minutes to assemble these babies.

Here's what you'll need:
- 3 boneless chicken breasts (shredded)
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 8 oz salsa
- 1 (14.5 oz) can refried beans
- 1 (8oz) pkg shredded taco cheese
- 1 (8 count) pkg burrito size tortillas

First you have to cook and shred the chicken. When I know I'm going to shred chicken, I like to boil it. That way it doesn't get that tough "skin" on the outside like when you fry or bake it. Plus, it stays moist that way, which is good because we're going to end up baking it later.

Add the package of taco seasoning to the chicken, along with the amount of water it says on the package. Also add the salsa and cook until some of the liquid boils out and the mixture is the consistancy you like.


Lay a tortilla flat on a plate.

Spread some refried beans on the tortilla. We like lots of beans. :)

Add some of the chicken mixture.

Then top it with cheese.

Fold the sides under and then roll it up, you know... like a burrito.

Then wrap it in wax paper so when you put them all in the freezer bag, they won't stick together.

When you're ready to cook them, microwave them for about three minutes to thaw them out first. Then lay them on a cookie sheet and bake on 350 degrees for 12 minutes. I would also add some cheese on top when you bake them because,well, I like cheese. You should know this about me by now.

2 comments:

  1. I like the crockpot for chicken like that. Also, the text color is hard to read-just my thought

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the input! I've been thinking about redesigning the blog anyway. Maybe I'll do it sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete