Friday, February 11, 2011

Heading South

We all made it through another week! Now, I just have to make it through this weekend...

We're headed South today... South Dakota, that is. Our new niece is getting baptized on Sunday in Pierre. The only bad thing is that Pierre is like, a six or seven hour drive from here. Ugh. So the plan is to drive as far as J's parents' farm outside of Watertown (about a 3 hour drive), spend the night there, and then drive to Pierre with them tomorrow. I like the idea of driving with them because then neither James nor I have to drive, and we can save about $70 on gas. Then on Sunday after the baptism, we'll drive back to the farm with the in-laws, spend the night again, and drive home on Monday. James and I both took Monday off of work so we could do it this way. We also plan to stop at the Olive Garden in Fargo on the way home for a Valentine's lunch. :)

Really, I am looking forward to the weekend, besides the whole driving part. I love getting Isaac together with all of his cousins. He really enjoys himself. After our Christmas celebration in January, Isaac came home saying "Kaylee" all the time because he had so much fun with his cousins. I think Kaylee's name is the easiest for him to say out of all of them.

While in Pierre, we'll be staying at a bed and breakfast called the Hitching Horse Inn. I've never stayed at one before. The main thing I wouldn't like about a bed and breakfast is that you have to eat breakfast with a bunch of strangers who are staying in the other rooms. This may appeal to some people, but not me. I'm a hermit. However, this particular bed and breakfast has only four rooms which will all be occupied by relatives: J's parents, grandma, uncle, and us. So it will be like one big family breakfast, except nobody has to cook or clean up! I plan on bringing my camera to document the whole B&B experience, and blog about it later. We'll see if that really happens. I have a feeling we'll be pretty busy.

J's sister also mentioned taking all the kids swimming at the YMCA on Saturday. I think that would be super fun! Isaac L O V E S the water.

I think I'm just excited to get away. Granted, it's only Pierre - not exactly the height of entertainment, but it'll do for now. It's that time of year when people start getting tired of being cooped up, and I'm most definitely feeling a little stir crazy.

1 comment:

  1. Getting out of town for a few days is super refreshing! And staying somewhere where nobody has to cook or clean? can I come?
    Good luck with all the driving!

    ReplyDelete