Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Classic No-Bake Cookies

Here's another recipe for you. I was looking through my folder of blog photos and I found all these no-bake cookie pictures. Then I realized that I never actually wrote a post about these delicious little morsels. I couldn't possibly deprive all two or three of my faithful readers of this recipe, so here it is! I found this recipe on the Food Network website and it's the best one I've tried. And as promised, there are plenty of pictures.

What you will need:
2 cups sugar
4 tablespoons cocoa
1 stick butter
1/2 cup milk
1 cup peanut butter
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 cups oatmeal


First you have to put the sugar, cocoa and butter in a saucepan.
 
 
Add the milk, and then stir it all together. Bring the mixture to a boil and let it boil for one minute.


This is not a boil. If it looks like this, it isn't boiling. I'm talking a rolling boil.


Now THIS is a boil. When it looks like this, start your timer. 60 seconds. If it doesn't boil long enough, the sugar won't dissolve and your cookies will be grainy and won't solidify correctly, so I usually add about 10 seconds or so on to the boiling time.

After it's done boiling for one minute, remove it from the heat.


Now you want to get the rest of the ingredients ready.


Add the peanut butter and vanilla.

And mix it all together until it's smooth, like this. It shouldn't take long.


Next, add the oatmeal.


Mix the oatmeal in.

This next step is very important. So pay close attention.

Are you paying attention? Ok, good.

The next step is to grab a spoon, dip it into the mixture, blow on it so it cools off a bit, and sample the dough. Sometimes I think it's better warm than when it's cooled and formed into cookies. I could just scoop it in a bowl and eat it with a spoon.

Now you just portion each cookie with a cookie scoop or an ice cream scoop (you can make them as large or as small as you want), plop it onto a cookie sheet covered with wax paper and let it cool.

This is what your finished product will look like.

Now hurry up and eat some, because these are so good I guarantee they won't last long.

No comments:

Post a Comment