Sunday, February 20, 2011

Honey Glazed Chicken

The first two recipes that I made on my day of freezer cooking were pretty simple. They're pretty much just chicken marinades. You mix up the marinade, throw it in a freezer bag with a few chicken breasts, freeze it, and when you're ready to cook, just bake the chicken. I'm actually hoping that we will have a few really nice days in the next month or so and we can grill the chicken. Anyhoo, these types of recipes are aptly named "dump chicken" recipes, because you just dump a bunch of stuff in a freezer bag.

I started with the Honey Glazed Chicken. Here we go!

Here are the ingredients you'll need:
-1/4 cup butter
-1/8 cup soy sauce
-1/2 cup honey


Oh, and of course, chicken. I used three breasts: one for me, and two for J and Isaac to share. Isaac won't eat a whole one by himself. Obviously, I'll make some sort of side along with this when we cook it.


First, melt the butter.


Add the soy sauce.



And add the honey.

Mix it all up and it should look something like this.


Put the chicken in a freezer bag, add the honey mixture, and slosh it around a bit. Then lay it flat.

You'll want to lable your freezer bag. Make sure you write what's in it, the date, and cooking instructions. You could just write this right on the freezer bag you already placed the chicken in, but I like to double bag it because I'm paranoid like that.


See. I'm a paranoid double-bagger.

Make sure you lay this flat in your freezer so the juices are evenly distributed.

Bake it at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes if it's thawed, 50-60 minutes if it's frozen.

That's it! Easy, right? Right. One freezer meal down, six to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment