Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My Deal-Hunting Comeback

I am interrupting my week of freezer meal posts because there are a few deals out there this week that you guys need to know about.

First, Target has a deal running right now on their frozen food. All of it. Including every. single. item that is frozen. Buy any seven frozen food items, get a $5 Target gift card. Mix this deal with coupons and the possibilities are endless. Here's what I came up with.


I got all this:
6 Tony's pizzas
8 bags of frozen veggies (most are the steam-in-the-bag kind)
3 chicken pot pies
1 package of heat-and-serve sausage
1 regular size Ben & Jerry's ice cream
2 teensy size Ben & Jerry's ice cream

And I paid a total of {drumroll}... $2.56! (After the gift cards, that is. And I seperated my order into two so I could use them on the second half.)

Here are the coupons I used:
- $1/2 Tony's pizzas (x3)
- $1/4 Market Pantry or Archer Farms frozen vegetables (2x)

That's what's so great about this deal! Even if you don't have any coupons, there's a ton of stuff you could still buy to make this a great deal.


And the second thing I wanted to let you know about is at our local grocery store, Hugo's. They have a sale right now on select Kellogg's cereals - 5 for $10.

I bought five and used the $1/3 various and $1/2 Frosted Flakes found here, and paid $8 for all five boxes, or $1.50 each. That's a great deal for cereal, and we eat a lot of cereal at our house.

So there's my big deal-hunting comeback! I was excited about it, so I had to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment